What is Python?
Python is a high-level programming language that is interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and general-purpose. Guido van Rossum designed it between 1985 and 1990. Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License, much like Perl (GPL). This tutorial offers ample knowledge of the Python programming language.
Python is a scripting language that is high-level, interpreted, interactive, and object-oriented. Python is intended to be a very readable language. It often uses English keywords instead of punctuation, and it has less syntactical constructions than other languages.
Some of the most important benefits of learning Python are:
- Python is translated by the interpreter at runtime. Before running your program, you do not need to compile it. This is similar to the programming languages PERL and PHP.
- To write your programs, you can sit at a Python prompt and communicate directly with the interpreter.
- Python supports the Object-Oriented programming style or methodology, which encapsulates code within items.
- Python is an excellent language for beginning programmers, as it allows for the development of a wide variety of applications, ranging from basic text processing to web browsers and games.
What is Python used for?
It is used for the following purposes:
- Backend Web Development
- Web Framework
(1) Python used for Backend Web Development
Python is a programming language that is used to build web application’s backends. Let’s begin by discussing the back-end and how it aids in the development of web applications.
The front-end component of a web application is made up of all the code that interacts with the user and creates what the user sees.
Python is used to code the application’s behind-the-scenes features, which is the component that runs all of the application’s functionality but that you don’t see directly on screen.
When the user requests data, it takes care of the server-side of the application, communicating with all of the appropriate databases. It provides the user with the requested data, allowing the application to function normally.
Suggestion: Full-Stack Web Development includes making a web application’s front-end and back-end presentable to users when dealing with databases.
(2) Python used for Web Framework
The following are several well-known Python web frameworks:
- “A high-level Python Web platform that promotes rapid development and clean, pragmatic design,” according to Django.
- Flask is a common Python microframework for developing web applications.
- Pyramid is a Python web framework that is “tiny, easy, and down-to-earth.”
- Web2Py is a “free open source full-stack platform for rapid development of database-driven web-based applications that are fast, scalable, stable, and portable.”
- Bottle is a “lightweight, fast, and simple WSGI micro web-framework for Python.”