Bursting is the method of automatically splitting and submitting the report output via email or fax. Bursting aids in the output of the report. With the aid of Bursting, we can send the report output to our customer after running it through some logic. Bursting operates by splitting the report output according to our logic and then sending it to the customers or some email address. We have the Bursting Functionality in Reports framework in Oracle Cloud, just like EBS. I’ll go into the Bursting Configuration in Oracle Cloud BIP Files in depth below.
BIP Bursting Steps in Oracle Fusion
- Create a BIP Data Model based on SQL queries.
- From the SQL Data Model, create a BIP Report.
- Go to the Data Model for the BIP report that we want to burst.
- The report data model as seen below, and I’d like to build the bursting according to the vendor’s guidance. As an example, the report output can be divided and sent according to the supplier, so the important column of this report is VENDOR_ID, which we will use to split the report output for different suppliers.
- We need to go to Bursting Open in the report Data Model, as seen below.
- To build the bursting Logic for this report, press the ‘+’ button.
- Oracle has designed Fusion BIP Bursting logic in two parts (1) Split by (2) Deliver by
Split By: By using split by method we can divide the output of the reports based on which column of the report we’re looking at. For example, we would use the Vendor_id column to split the report output by vendor, and if the report output has three vendors, Bursting will divide and split the report output into three parts based on Vendor_Id.
Deliver By: Deliver by method is used to submit the report output via email. We must also define the report column depending on which the report output should be delivered.
The parent column is ‘Split By‘ and the child column is ‘Deliver By‘ , Bursting email deliver logic is based on ‘Deliver By‘.
8. In the Split By and Deliver By LOV, I used the report’s common Vendor_ID column.
9. We’ll use the SQL Query below in the SQL Query block.
SELECT VENDOR_ID AS "KEY", 'BIP_REPORT_RTF_NAME.rtf' TEMPLATE, 'en-US' LOCALE, 'PDF' OUTPUT_FORMAT, VENDOR_NAME OUTPUT_NAME, 'EMAIL' DEL_CHANNEL, 'To Email Address' PARAMETER1, 'Cc Email Address' PARAMETER2, 'TestEmail.email.com' PARAMETER3, 'The Emails Subject' PARAMETER4, 'Hi '||'The body of the email that will be reflected in the Bursting Email. '||'Thanks & Regards Person Name' PARAMETER5, 'True' PARAMETER6, :p_from_email PARAMETER7 FROM PO_VENDORS
10. The final Bursting Logic written in the BIP report is shown below.