We can use Sandbox in Oracle Fusion to perform any personalization, extensions, or page layout changes in Oracle Fusion Web-pages. It means that before making any improvements to the Oracle Fusion application in terms of Personalization or Extensions, we must first build a Sandbox. Then all of the improvements can be made in this sandbox, and this is an essential aspect of the sandbox: we can make changes in the application without affecting the whole application, because these changes will only affect the sandbox, and other users of the application will not see them until you have checked the changes in the sandbox and published it.
Advantages of using Sandbox in Oracle Fusion
- It allows customizations to be done separately from the mainline code of the application as well as from other sandboxes. As a consequence, it has no impact on the configuration and development environment of other users.
- It helps in the avoidance of potential disputes when checking program changes.
- As a consequence, it’s preferable to use sandboxes rather than make direct changes to the application’s mainline code. When performing any Functional Setup in Oracle Fusion, even users must use sandbox.
How to Enable Sandbox in Oracle Fusion
Step1: Click on Administration Menu > Edit Pages
Step2: Click on Activate a Sandbox from the warning popup message
Step3: Click on Create Sandbox button from the right screen
Step4: Following steps are required to create and enter in sandbox
- Name: Enter your sandbox name (Mandatory)
- Description: Enter your sandbox description (Optional)
- All Tools: Select at least on tool as per your requirement from All Tools
- Once you have done with above click on Create and Enter button