Oracle OSB has always been a part of Oracle SOA Suite, but until 12c they were sold separately, with different dev tools, consoles, and so on. They could, however, function together as well as separately.
What is OSB?
Oracle Service Bus (OSB) is a proven, lightweight integration Enterprise Service Bus ESB. specifically designed for the task of integrating, virtualizing, and managing services in a shared services infrastructure. It helps you to achieve value more quickly with easy, code-free, configuration-based service integration.
What is BPEL?
Process Manager for Oracle BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) is a tool for developing and executing business processes. This product offers a detailed, standards-based, and simple-to-use solution for designing, deploying, and managing cross-application business processes that include both automated and human workflow phases, all within a service-oriented architecture.
BPEL VS OSB
- Processes that are both stateful and long-running.
- Capabilities for stateless messaging.
- Service orchestration is a term used to describe the process of coordinating
- Server virtualization, message throttling, configuration-based service configuration, and service pooling are all examples of service virtualization.
- Implementation in a composite format.
- Validation of messages, content-based routing, and transformation.
- Human Workflow and Rules Integration
- Message transformations based on XQuery and XSLT.