Referring to the following question and answers on Oracle Fusion Technical, you would be able to get more information on simple and advanced level topics. Roles which can excel using this material are Oracle Technical and Functional Consultant
(1) How to create Fusion BI-Publisher reports?
Oracle has already delivered a lot of BIP Reports in the Fusion Instance, However during a course of implementation it is a common requirement to develop new ones, There are few common steps involved they are :
- Step1: Create a SQL Query which comprises of DB Tables ( that exist in Fusion Schema).
- Step2: Under Published Reporting -> Data Model, Create a New Data Set (of SQL Query type)
- Step3: Give a Name to Data Set (for this example say PersonAssignment_ds)
- step4: You would need to take special care while selecting Data Source (Logic Below): If you are Building Finance reports use : ApplicationDB_FSCM, If you are Building HCM reports use : ApplicationDB_HCM, If you are Building CRM Reports use : ApplicationDB_CRM
- Step5: Depending on the number of Parameters( Bind Variables) used a Popup window will appear, Give a Name to the Parameters.
- Step6: At last will save the report, click on data-report and see the output.
(2) How to create Oracle Fusion OTBI Reports?
Following are the steps to build OTBI Reports
- Step1-> Login To Fusion Applications with a User login
- Step2> Click on the Navigator icon and then select ‘Reports and Analytics under Tools option.
- Step3> Click on the BI catalog icon (an open book) on top left hand side.
- Step4> Choose New Analysis from the drop-down list and then select an appropriate Subject Area (Workforce Management – Worker Assignment Real Time, for example).
- Step5> Now we would select one folder from left-hand side, inside table folder will find tables respective columns, will drag and drop required column to the dashboard to create the OTBI report.
(3) How To Upload Customers Through Spread Sheet in Oracle Fusion?
Following are the steps to upload customers data in Fusion
- Step1: Navigate to the Manage Customer Upload page, Navigator > Receivables > Billing
- Step2: From Tasks List: Customer > Upload Customers from Spreadsheet
- Step3: Manage Customer Uploads Page appears, click on ‘Download Customers Spreadsheet Template’
- Step4: Enter the Customer Information in the Template.
- Step5: The spreadsheet template is composed of four worksheets: Customers, Contacts, Reference Accounts and Customer Bank Accounts, where you can enter related data.
- Step6: Generate the CSV Zip File, Once the data maintained in the Excel Template.
- Step7: In ‘Manage Customer Uploads’ Page, click on ‘Upload Customers From Spread Sheet’, upload the zip file.
- Step8: Upload Customer form Spreadsheet From Spreadsheet dialog window, enter a Batch Name for identification purposes.Use the Browse button to locate your Zip file.click Submit
- Step9: Monitor progress of the Batch ID in the Search Results region of the page.
- Step10: Review the Customer Records created, Navigator > Receivables > Billing From Tasks List: Customer > Manage Customers
(4) How safe is Cloud data?
Companies don’t need to think about the same issue and that is because cloud is a secure solution. It comes with several benefits and users do not need to worry about the protection. This is because users are able to enforce specific security constraints on their files, such as login with a user-name and password, data encryption, etc. There are nevertheless certain aspects that companies need to pay heed to before contemplating any cloud service.
(5) How will one in the Cloud use the API?
Usually speaking, designing the full fledged applications is something that wasts a lot of time. The API guarantees that the same requirement is removed to a reasonable degree. You can apply to interact with each other via the instructions given by the API. Cloud can also be conveniently attached to other devices outside of the network.
(6) Name the rising strata in a cloud architecture?
- Cloud Controller
- Node Controller
- Storage Controller
(7) How distinct are private cloud and group computing infrastructure?
Private cloud is basically an alternative that may provide multiple divisions and units for the single organizations. Organizations are allowed to enable their cloud to work with third party businesses. In other terms, they should outsource their cloud activities to other companies if they follow any of the protection requirements that they identify. Private cloud can be housed in a distant data centre.
On the other hand, different organizations find the collective cloud technology in a cooperative way. All the duties relevant to handling the same are entirely their own liability. The group cloud network can also be housed in an conveniently available distributed data center.
(8) What is OTBI Report?
OTBI is the Oracle Fusion monitoring method, which is used to generate oracle cloud files. OTBI is the most user-friendly method used in oracle fusion, where we can use drag and drop options to create the files. It does not need the skills of SQL and the awareness of Fusion tables to create the report. It is the really useful method for separating the data from the framework used in Oracle Fusion.
(9) What is FR Studio in Oracle Fusion?
Financial Reporting Studio is a customer-based financial management platform used to build Oracle Fusion’s financial reports. This is just like Oracle Applications FSG files. This FR lab is focusing on the balances in GL. It Uses drag-and-drop features to build a grid to organize the financial report rows, columns and sections. It Includes grids and other items that may be replicated through several reports. FR Studio Uses the proportions of the GL Balances Cube on any axes, columns, sections, or perspectives (POV).
(10) What is BIP Report?
BIP is the analysis platform for Business Intelligence Publisher and is used to produce the Oracle Cloud Complex reports. It is especially used to produce the statuary reports where we need to create the different templates. This is a technological resource that still includes the SQL experience and the cloud application’s technological awareness.
(11) What is My Folder and Shared Folder in Fusion Reports?
The ‘My Folders‘ tab is your own. That ensures it’s exclusive to any person. Once you make a report in this tab, no one in the company should be allowed to read and view these files as they are encrypted and produced in the My tab. And this is your professional creation completely.
Shared Folders is the Through Software Directory. This implies the framework is shared by users according to the roles. Shared directories have several Work-related and Module-related subfolders.
(12) How is Oracle Fusion Scheduling Process?
Schedule Method in Oracle Fusion is similar to Concurrent Requests in Oracle r12 applications. Within Oracle Fusion we manage the ESS jobs as Schedule Processes. ESS job is the same as Concurrent Program in Oracle Apps r12. ESS job is the principle of Oracle Fusion with the aid of this, we will operate our Oracle Fusion applications Reports, Packages and Scripts. We’ll first know what the ESS job is in Oracle Fusion and then the description of the Oracle ESS job. ESS jobs in fusion applications are the same as those in Oracle apps r12 for Concurrent Program. As we use the concurrent program to operate the Oracle Applications Data, Procedures and Scripts in the same way we use ESS workers to operate BIP files, Procedures and Scripts.
We register reports, scripts in fusion apps as ESS jobs and the user runs such ESS jobs as Oracle Fusion’s Scheduled Processes much like Concurrent Requests in Oracle R12 apps. For order to build the ESS jobs, we first need to establish the Oracle ESS job definition and then we will run the BIP reports, procedures and scripts for Fusion Schedules Processes via ESS jobs.
(13) How many Types of Roles Available in Oracle Fusion?
Oracle has provided these four Types of roles.
- Abstract role
- Job roles
- Duty roles
- Data roles
(14) What Is ESS job in Oracle Fusion?
The ESS job in Oracle apps is the same as the concurrent program. When we have to run the BIP reports in the Fusion Program otherwise we have to log these reports in Oracle Fusion as an ESS task. So we will operate this report as a schedule process in the Fusion as well as the parallel request in the Oracle applications.
(15) What is BPM in Oracle Fusion?
BPM requires the management of corporate operations. BPM is a comprehensive collection of software at Oracle Fusion to develop, implement and automate business processes. Throughout BPM, we can build the approval processes. In Oracle fusion we can build the company approval processes with BPM’s Support. This is an Advanced Resource available for developing and sustaining acceptance rules as per business needs in Oracle fusion.
(16) What are the Features of OTBI?
Oracle Fusion Transaction Business Intelligence (OTBI) is a real-time self-service monitoring solution provided to all Oracle Fusion product customers with a legitimate role in generating ad hoc insight and analysis to help them make their decisions on a daily basis, following are the main features of OTBI
- User Friendly
- Speedy development of reports
- Powerful Data Visualization
- Minimal SQL required
- Security configuration is fully integrated with Oracle Fusion
- Provides real time analysis of Transactional data
(17) What is Logical and Physical SQL in OTBI?
Logical SQL: A logical SQL is exactly similar to a physical SQL. BI Server understands logical SQL
Physical SQL: The physical SQL is the one that is sent from BI Server to the data sources in order to retrieve data
Oracle BI Server transforms the logical SQL into physical one through a process known as query processing that can be understood by source database
(18) What is UCM in Oracle Fusion?
UCM stands for Universal Content Management and this server is available in Oracle cloud, following are the features of cloud UCM
- UCM is used in Oracle Cloud SAAS Environment
- We use UCM Cloud for Inbound and Outbound Integration
- UCM is same like FTP server in ebs
- UCM has different location with each have different paths
- We are not allowed to create new location and path under UCM
- We are bound to use existing locations under UCM
(19) How to load Supplier data in Fusion?
Through FBDI process we can load Supplier data into Fusion following steps are involved
- Download the template from the Metalink
- Maintain the data in csv template format
- Generate Zip file from template file
- Load the file data into Interface table
- Move the data into base table